Liverpool Anglican Cathedral
Liverpool Cathedral plays host to a huge variety of events each year. From their own services to concerts, music festivals, gala dinners, awards ceremonies and weddings - "The Well" has even been turned into a club for the night!
We consider Liverpool Anglican Cathedral amongst the most spectacular event venues in the UK. It's a fantastic space for an event and their staff are always a pleasure to work alongside.
Liverpool Anglican Cathedral has capacity for up to:
- 1000 guests at a Gala Dinner
- 3000 guests at a standing reception
- 2000 guests seated at a concert
Many event client choose Liverpool Cathedral as the main venue for their event but is also very popular for conference or exhibition dinners and hospitality when there is an exhibition at ACC Liverpool or ECL (Exhibition Centre Liverpool).
The Main Cathedral
The Main Cathedral can be used as one large events space (combined with The Well) or on its own. Many clients hosting awards ceremonies and gala dinners use The Well for their drinks reception before inviting their guests to take their seats for dinner in The Main Cathedral.
- There is a basic sound system built into the Main Cathedral that is adequate for speech. For more complex sound requirements including multiple microphones, music or performances we recommend hiring a full sound system from an experienced external supplier. Liverpool Anglican Cathedral is acoustically challenging so it's important to work with a company who have experience working in the venue if you are going to achieve a good result.
- Any other audio visual requirements need to be sourced from an external supplier. This includes any video, projection and lighting. Most events require at least two large projection screens, stage lighting, architectural lighting / uplighters and live cameras.
- There is staging available from the venue but custom stages need to be provided by an external supplier.
- The Cathedral events team have a list of excellent, experienced catering suppliers.
The Sir Giles Gilbert Scott Suite
The Sir Giles Gilbert Scott Suite incorporates two oak panelled rooms which can watch hold up to 100 guests. Perfect for smaller dinners, wedding breakfasts, conferences, meetings and other celebrations the rooms include wifi and a basic audio visual package which makes running small meetings simple and cost effective. The in-house audio visual packages can be complemented by additional equipment provided by an external AV supplier if there are more complex requirements.
Located near to the main entrance and at a lower level to the rest of the main Cathedral, The Well has capacity for up to 300 guests at a gala dinner or awards ceremony and theatre style conferences of up to 450 delegates.
- You can use the steps between The Well and The Main Cathedral as a natural multi-level stage which will help your event to blend into the stunning architecture and maximise your event capacity.
- There is a basic sound system built into this area which is suitable for background music or a call to dinner in the Main Cathedral. We recommend sourcing a sound system from an external supplier if you are planning to incorporate any entertainment or presentations into your event.
- Most event in The Well require a single projection screen and / or large plasma screens for presentation slides and a live camera feed.
- You might want to consider a stage set or draping under "The Bridge" or alternatively, light The Main Cathedral behind to provide a stunning backdrop to your event.
The Lady Chapel
The Lady Chapel is the oldest part of Liverpool Cathedral and its detailed architecture can be complemented with simple lighting that really transforms the space for a champagne reception. The Lady Chapel is often used for Weddings and Wedding Blessings, lectures and concerts and has its own private entrance and a built in hearing loop.
How can we help?
Whether you need some friendly advice about how to make the most of your event at Liverpool Cathedral or need a quote from us we'd love to hear from you. We can help with:
- Sound Design & Hire
- Lighting Design & Hire
- AV - Video, Projeciton & Cameras
- Staging Design & Hire
- Event Production
Below we've shared some images of events that we've produced at Liverpool Cathedral to give you some ideas for your next event.