Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Hilton Manchester Deansgate boasts in excess of 20,000 sqft of event space and is one of Manchester’s most popular venues for conferences, awards ceremonies, gala dinners and weddings.
The Deansgate Suite is the largest of Hilton Manchester’s event spaces and is popular for:
- Charity Balls & Gala Dinners
- Awards Ceremonies
- Weddings, Parties & Private Functions
Outside The Deansgate there is a large reception area where we have previously held conference exhibitions but which is normally used for registration, coffee breaks, networking an drinks receptions.
The Deansgate can be used as a whole or divided into three spaces knows as Deansgate 1, 2 and 3 each with capacities of 200 and 160 guests for theatre and banquet layouts respectively.
When used as one event space The Deansgate as a total capacity of:
- Theatre Layout - 600
- Banquet Layout (tables of 10) - 530
- Reception - 600
Of course, you will need to take into consideration any additional floor space taken up by your audio visual and staging designs however this can be minimised in Deansgate as there are plenty of rigging points in useful places (meaning that lighting, sound and video equipment can often be suspended from the ceiling rather than taking up valuable floor space).
Events in The Deansgate
The Deansgate is a fantastic blank canvas for themed events including charity balls, weddings and parties where there is budget available for some draping element and a stunning light show.
We've also provided AV and production support for conferences in The Denansgate. The reception area outside is fantastic for related exhibitions and demonstrations during breaks and we've found The Deansgate to work very well for conference in both theatre and banquet layouts.
AV & STAGING Recommendations
- There is plenty of height in The Deansgate (22ft) so you will want to take that into consideration when designing your stage set. Anything under 12ft in height looks too small. Ideally your stage set will reach at least 14ft.
- The Deansgate lends itself to use with the stage on either the long or short wall. Having the stage on the "long wall" provides most impact as guests arrive through the doors as it is directly in front of them.
- If you are putting the stage on the long wall and are showing slides, videos or having live cameras you will need at least 2 screens each at least 12ft wide to ensure that the whole audience can see properly. For medical conferences or event with lots of small detail on screen you could consider screens anywhere between 12ft and 16ft in width.
- If you are putting the stage on the "short wall" then a single screen works well but, again, we'd recommend a minimum width of 12ft if you are using the whole of The Deansgate. If the on-screen content is vital to your event you should consider 60" plasma screens half way down the room as "repeater" screens.
- For a more intimate design and something a little different, a central stage works very well in The Deansgate with guests seated on all sides.
Hilton Manchester has a total of 11 meeting rooms available with space for up to 90 delegates when multiple rooms are combined. These spaces are ideas for smaller meetings including training seminars, team meetings, private dinners and parties. Of course, they also work well as breakout spaces for workshops or smaller seminars as part of a larger conference held in The Deansgate Suite.
Both the Zeus and Iris Lounges can be hired for events or the whole space can be used for drinks receptions. We recommend you take a look at this great space if you're considering an event in central Manchester.
Audio Visual at Hilton Manchester
There are very limited audio visual facilities available in house (for example, there are drop down screens in The Deansgate Suite) but almost all events require audio visual and staging equipment to be hired in from a local AV supplier.
We are a local audio visual and event production company and have plenty of experience working at Hilton Manchester. As well as equipment hire we provide stage set design, on-site technical services as well as full conference and event production. How far we support you is entirely up to you but even if you just need a bit of free advice, do feel free to give us a call on 0161 850 0883 or drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.