Palace Hotel Manchester
The Palace Hotel is one of Manchester's most popular conference and event venues situated in the very centre of Manchester just a short walk from Oxford Road Train Station.
The Palace Hotel offers:
- A total of 19 meeting and event rooms of various sizes
- Capacity of up to 1000 in the Grand Room
- All meeting rooms have natural daylight, hone points and broadband access.
- 3 Phase power is available in Grand Room and Whitworth Suite
The Grand Room
The Grand Room offers seating for up to 1000 guests theatre style (dinner 800, dinner dance 740). It has some great design elements that make it far more interesting visually than many Manchester conference venues especially when combined with creative lighting.
- Access for bringing AV equipment and staging into the room is not ideal and includes a long push up a slippery slope. The neighbours have been known to complain about the amount of noise created when pushing flightcases up the metal access ramp.
- There is a slight L shape to the room and pillars that can obstruct line of sight to the stage. Therefore we recommend repeater screens to cover these areas. Usually four 42" - 60" plasma screens.
- There is a small recessed stage that is suitable for events where a custom stage set isn't required (often the case for gala dinners) or budgets are tight.
- Most conference and awards ceremony organisers prefer to build a stage set in front of the recessed stage (putting a projector on the recessed stage for rear projection) as this gies a neater look and better visibility for the delegates.
- With a 7 metre ceiling height we recommend a minimum stage height of 2ft and a minimum height for stage sets of 14ft.
- There are good rigging points for lighting, sound and AV in the ceiling which can ensure capacity is maximised whilst keeping everything neat and tidy.
- We normally recommend having cameras live to screen for any presentations and auctions to ensure good visibility for all of the guests (particularly those seated around the L corner or behind pillars).
- If using uplighters, you will want a minimum of 30 to make an impact in this space.
- There is a bar area in an adjacent room which makes a great location for a drinks reception.
- The Grand Room has no built in AV equipment so if you need a sound system for speeches, entertainment or music you will need to hire one from a local audio visual hire company.
The Buckingham Suite offers capacity for 220 delegates seated theatre style and is the second largest event space available at The Palace Hotel.
- The Buckingham Suite has loads of character with its brick walls.
- The pillars in the centre of the room can easily cause sightline issues to stage so we usually recommend having a between 4 and 8 plasma screens as “repeater” screens.
- Many clients opt to have cameras live to the screens to ensure good visibility for all guests no matter where they are seated in the room.
- Wireless uplighters around the central pillars are almost a must have for gala dinners, weddings and any events where a bit of creativity is required.
- If you are planning to have any entertainment, music or speeches you will want to consider hiring a PA system from a local AV company.
- Because of the relatively low ceiling in The Buckingham Suite we usually recommend a stage height of 1ft.
- It’s worth remembering that there is no three phase power available in this space.
Similar in overall size to The Buckingham Suite, The Whitworth is opulent in design with beautiful plasterwork contrasting with the brick / tiled pillars and has plenty of natural daylight from large windows..
- The pillars can cause sightline problems. Careful layout of seating can help but you will want to consider using some plasma screens to ensure good visibility for all of your delegates.
- Because the room is quite small, even though it is high, we recommend a stage height no greater than 1ft to be in-keeping with the intimate feel.
- You will want to considering hiring in a PA system with microphones for any speeches, music or entertainment.
Smaller Meeting Rooms
There are a number of smaller meeting rooms at Palace Hotel ranging in capacity from 20 to 100 guests seated theatre style. Full details can be found on the Principal Hayley website.
Can we Help?
We’ve been part of a wide range of events at Palace Hotel Manchester. If you’re planning an event and need some advice on how to make the most of the venue then we’d love to hear from you. Of course, if you need any AV hire or event production services (including sound, lighting, video, conference stage sets and staging) we’d love to put forward a proposal for your event.