Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Located very centrally, Radisson Blu Edwardian is one of Manchester’s most popular conference and event venues.
- 5 star hotel
- Total of 18 meeting rooms
- Maximum capacity in largest room (The Halle Suite) of 500 (drinks reception) 400 (theatre seating)
- Previously used for fashion shows, weddings, conferences, small exhibitions, awards ceremonies, gala dinners and parties.
- In-house AV supplier if required although the cost of booking AV is high and there is no “buy out” charge for using your own supplier so it’s worth getting at least one other quote.
- Free wireless internet access.
The Halle Suite
As the largest of the meeting and event spaces available at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, it is the one that is most often used for larger events including conferences, awards ceremonies and fashion shows.
We particularly like The Halle Suite because the detail of architecture makes for a much more interesting event space than many of the “standard” hotel ballrooms that Manchester offers. By adding some very simple lighting and staging it’s easy to transform the space for a whole range of events.
Lunch / Dinner: 280
Of course your final staging and AV design will affect the final capacity available so you will need to work closely with your preferred audio visual company. For capacities of other spaces within Radisson Blue Edwardian Manchester you can visit their website here.
- The bar area next door to The Halle Suite is a great location for a drinks reception or pre-conference registration.
- There is good access to the venue via a goods lift but watch out for the traffic wardens who are super-fast.
Audio Visual (AV) Recommendations
- We’ve set The Halle Suite up with the stage on the long wall (opposite the entrance doors) and also on the shot wall. We find that setting up the stage on the short wall works better for conferences.
- A single large projection screen with two “repeater” plasma screens works well when the stage is set on the short wall for a conference. When the stage is set up on the long wall we recommend two projection screens or four 60” plasma screens for most events.
- Because the room is not particularly large (or tall) we normally recommend a 1ft high stage.
- For speech and background music, a 6 speaker PA system will cover the room nice and evenly.
- Lighting wise, there are some rigging points available which allow the lighting (and sound / AV if required) to be suspended from the ceiling. When clients are looking to maximise capacity we usually recommend this as the preferred option. When capacity is not an issue or budgets are tight then it’s equally possible to use LED uplighter and lighting stands to transform the room for any style of event.
Other Meeting Spaces
There are a total of 18 meeting rooms at the venue with capacities ranging from 120 theatre style (Ritcher and Barbirolli) to 30 theatre style (Mursell/Collier).
These rooms are perfect for private dining, dressing / green rooms for large events in The Halle Suite or as workshop and seminar rooms during conferences where the main plenary sessions are being held in The Halle Suite.
Can we help?
We’d love to help you get the most out of your event even if that just means providing you with a bit of free advice based on our experience of working in Radisson Blue Edwardian Manchester. If you need some help or would like a quote for any sound, lighting, AV, staging or event production services do get in touch.